AN AMAZING RACE!
The Amazing Race is Back!
Due to budget cuts, last years Amazing Race was cancelled in 2012, but we are thrilled to announce the Amazing Race is back for 2013!
Click here for the registration form.
Join our group on Facebook! Look at pictures from previous years, get updates on what’s happening this year and have discussions with Teams from previous years about what you all thought of the Race! To find us on Facebook search for "Pembina Valley Challenge: An Amazing Race!"
Check out the 2011 top teams and pictures on Facebook!
Join us for an amazing action packed race through Manitoba's Pembina Valley.
During this weekend race you will discover lakes, breath-taking countrysides, fascinating museums, unique venues and more! The race is open to the general public.
- The Race will start in Manitou, MB.
- Who can Participate? All ages are welcome to enter the race. 16 or under you must have a guardian over the age of 21 on your team.
- What is the Cost? $75.00 (early registration) per team/vehicle ($95 after August 15). Teams can have 2-8 participants using one vehicle. If your group is larger than what you can legally hold in a vehicle (up to a maximum of 8 people) you must form another team.
- The registration fee covers? 2 nights unserviced camping (hotel
accommodations available at additional cost), participation in the race and a chance to win $1000.00
- What does the team need to provide? A vehicle and gas, your own tent (hotels available), spending money for the race (see "How to Play").
How to Play:
Teams will be racing through a total of 12 communities in the Pembina Valley Area.
Each community will provide dozens of unique challenges for this race.
Each day teams will be given 6 communities that they will race in that day.
Teams can choose their own challenges from a list provided by the participating communities. Each challenge will have a point allocation depending on the difficulty and length of time required to complete the challenge. Each challenge will also be rated according to the following categories: Mentally challenging, physically challenging, adventurous and cost related. If there is a cost related to a challenge, there will be bonus points for each dollar spent.
How to Win:
- The team with the most points at the end of the challenge will win $1000.00
How to Earn Points:
- Points are allocated for challenges completed and dollars spent each day (this includes meals and gas).
- Manitou Motor Inn 204-242-2830
- Pembina Valley Inn (12 km west of Manitou) 204-242-2633
- Holiday Mountain Resort in La Riviere 204-242-2172 (12 km west of Manitou)
- A Rocha B&B 204-246-2059 (next to Pembina Valley Provincial Park, 44 km from Manitou)
Morden accommodations (35 km east of Manitou):
- Super 8 Motel 204-822-2003 / Morden Motor Inn 204-822-6272
- Star Motel 204-822-4494 / Colert Beach & Campground 204-822-4991
- “A Wee Bit of Heaven” B & B 204-822-6908 / Siemen’s B & B 204-822-1973
Click here for last years 2010 Pembina Valley Challenge
An Amazing Race
Pembina Valley Tourism